Monday, September 15, 2014

FALL TOUR

 
 
 
Mmmmm, the smell of a pumpkin scented candle fills the air, and I am completely transported to a nice Fall day.  Sadly for me, I know that the moment I step outside, that will all fall away.  No pun intended.  Okay, maybe intended.  :@)  It's still reaching 90+ degrees here in TX, but that wont stop me from enjoying Fall here inside my home!  I started decorating late last week, and feel like I'm pretty much done with the entry and living room.  Since we are considering an addition to the living room in a month or so, I wanted to capture the current setup as it is today, because I honestly really enjoy the way it looks!  I've decided to decorate as simply as possible, and not go too overboard, as I have in the past.  I hope you enjoy the photos!  Here we go!

 
Welcome to our entry way!  I wanted to create a simple, yet visually stimulating display on and around the table this season.  I think I achieved that with these beautiful lamps from Home Goods.  They were a seriously good find.  Only $30 each! The pictures on the wall are pictures of my Grandpa's trees in his front yard.  I used to lay in the grass, and stare up through these very branches when I was small.  I couldn't resist bringing them into my home for memory sake. 

Here is a close up of the pictures on and around the table.  I'm so in love with my little baby boy's picture from the pumpkin patch last year!
I'm into glass, and metallic this season.  These beauties were all found at Home Goods, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and ROSS.
Here's a look into the living room.  I had intended on going completely neutral for fall, but I just had to have some color.  I'm not sure what I was thinking!  It just wouldn't feel the same without some orange splashed around the place.

 
I was so happy when I came across these owl pillows at Marshall's.  My Grandma loved owls, so every time I look at these I remember her.
A little coffee table display that wont be here for long.  Not with a toddler running around! (Update: He's already moved these all over the room.)
I'm loving how the wheat looks in this vase!
Here's another view.
Pumpkins in a boat, leaves in a vase, and metallic everywhere!
Too much fun!  I found these orange "things" at Hobby Lobby. 
"Pickles" sits in his assigned seat not only displaying school pride, but Fall colors as well!
I couldn't get a good picture with my camera, but my camera on my phone did okay.  I painted these watercolor feathers using a digital program on my computer.  I am so happy with the results that I'm inspired to start drawing, and painting again.  I used to do it a lot, a long time ago.
Again, keeping it simple here.  Some wheat and various other natural dried plants displayed in vases. I didn't change much on the mantle.  I added the apple and pear that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I felt it was enough to complete the look.  Looking at it now though, I have plans for either a fun little banner, or wood word art.
 
Found this fab tray at ROSS, and knew it would be amazing to put this West Elm vase in.  I used pumpkins that I also found at ROSS, and a candle wrapped in burlap inside the vase.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed our Fall Tour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment