Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July Decor Pictures/Keeping it Cheap

Hello!  Today I'm updating the blog, as a follow up to this post from a couple of days ago, regarding my 4th of July table scape.  I mentioned I'd share more pictures of the space, as well as the living room. 

You can see the new curtains in this picture.  I haven't had a chance to do a follow up to the curtains saga post so this may be it.


I enjoyed folding the napkins to resemble a bursting firework.  Hopefully you can see the resemblance.




Cutest baby in town!


As you can see, I didn't spend a lot of money, nor did I go craft crazy, like I had intended to.  I love crafting, and I see so many awesome ideas I'd like to try, on Pinterest.  Sadly I don't have a chance to do it all that often anymore.  Being a stay at home mom has brought many changes to my life, but I am so happy to get to do it.  I 'm looking forward to the day, which is coming up soon I think, that I can sit with Rordan, and we can create together.  It's such an exciting thought!

I ended up using some cheap flags from Target, and some pillows I already owned.  For the dining table, I got the place mats from Home Goods, as well as the napkins, so I'd estimate a total of about $30.  I fully intend on using these again, so I am sure I'll get my money's worth out of it.  Decorating for the seasons, and for holidays is so much fun, I just have to keep reminding myself, it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to do.  I feel like I pulled this off reasonably well.  How about you?  Any struggles to keep it cheap, and still get the desired result?  I'd love to hear from you, so if you get a change, please leave a comment.  Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment