Tuesday, July 29, 2014

HOME TOUR-LIVING ROOM DECOR-SUMMER 2014

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by!  I had some time today to take a few pictures of the living room in its current state.  I want to preserve the memory of what it looked like this summer, because who am I kidding, I'll have it completely changed up by fall.  Haha!   I've worked really hard this year to decorate this room, and take it from boring to what it is today, which I hope is somewhat eye catching.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures, and spaces in the room.  I hope you enjoy them! 



Pre-baby we were lucky enough to travel a lot.  I like to use images from the places we visited as wall décor.  I'm not sure when we will be visiting those places again, so it's nice to walk into a room and sort of transport back to those times.  In the living room we used pictures from our trip to Cabo. 

I was really attracted to blues this summer, so you will see varying blues throughout the room.  Also, I have this unexplainable need for gray walls.  You will eventually see, as I share more pictures from around the house, that most of the house has been painted in some shade of gray.  I hope to have the rest of this room painted before the end of the year, but I haven't decided if I'd like to keep the current gray, or try a new color.  Also, I'm dreading having to paint around the windows on the back wall.  Maybe I'll just paint the fireplace wall, and chair wall.  We will see!



I found this mirror at Home Goods.  The moment I saw it, I knew I needed to get it.  It's so unique, like most of the mirrors I have found there.  
I'm proud to say that I made this little pillowcase.  It was my first try at making one too.  I used the envelope method, which is pretty easy, so if you have a desire to try your hand at making one, I highly recommend it.  I found the fabric at JoAnn's on sale, so I figured if it didn't turn out well, I didn't lose too much.  Luckily it worked out, as you can see.

 
 



Can you tell I like this table?  Haha!

 

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without Home Goods, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's, because most of the décor was found at those three stores.  I can't express enough, how bad I feel for people that don't get to take advantage of those stores.  I'm sure I've saved hundreds of dollars by shopping at them.  The variety of options in each store can be used in many styles.  Well that's enough blabbing from me.  I hope you enjoyed the pictures of the room!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment