Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Elephants, Fireworks, Oddities, and a Birthday

Hello!  I hope everyone's having a great summer so far!  We have been so busy the past few day that I haven't had a chance to sit down and update the blog with all that's been going on.  I guess I'll do it all in one post, now.
John was off on Friday, for the 4th of July.  To celebrate we went to the circus.  It was Rordan's first time, and it seemed like he enjoyed it. He sat through most of the acts but towards the end John had to walk him around outside of the arena.  I got to stay inside and watch the awesome acts. This is actually ironic, because I didn't want to go, "Because I hate the circus!".  What was I thinking?  The circus is amazing!  At least the Ringling Brother's circus is.  I felt bad that John missed so many acts but I recorded them so he could watch them later.  Also, I know he loves spending time with Rordan, in any capacity, so I don't think it bothered him.  As for Rordan, I'm pretty sure the tiger act was his favorite.  He yelled "Squid", our big orange cat's name, quite a few times during it.  So adorable!  I'm sure the runner up for his favorite act was the dog act.  Instead of really watching the act for the first few minuites he twisted around in John's lap, facing the exit.  When he finally understood that we were trying to show him dogs, he turned around and started to watch.  As the dogs ran back stage during the act, he would wave and say "Bye bye".  It's really those moments that make life so worth it.  Later that night we sat on our balcony and watched the fireworks display that our entire neighborhood seemed to put on.  That a perk of living out of the city limits!
Saturday we went to our new favorite "picking" location, Yeya's Antiques & Oddities.  We found a few cool items, such as a letter R for Rordan's playroom, and some signs with dates and numbers that are relevant to our family.  I found some awesome pulls that I plan on cleaning up and using in my closet.  It kind of set off a whole bohemian feel for the closet so later that day I bought some beautiful fabric that was on sale, from JoAnn's to make a couple of curtain panels. Back to Yeya's.  I also found a few big items that I couldn't, and didn't need to, purchase, but man, if I were a designer, I'd be at that place at least once a week to find things for clients.  Since this was our second visit, I was happy to see that the owner was on sight again.  He is a very nice man, and prices his items fairly.  I'm sure we will be going back, even if just to walk around and see what's there.  
Sunday was my birthday.  I'm now 32 years old, and loving it.  Bring on old age!  It just means I get to keep on keeping on, and experiencing life with these two wonderful boys I call John, and Rordan.  I love them so much!  John and I went to watch the new Transformers movie, and have lunch, while Rordan stayed and had fun with John's parents.  The movie was so long!  I fell asleep at least five times.  Once, I was in such a deep sleep, I'm sure that if John hadn't woken me, I would have slept through the rest of the movie.  What I did see of the movie was really good though.  I'd just suggest sleeping well before attempting to watch it.  Lately I've been unable to get a good nights sleep, so I'm sure that played a big part in it.  All in all, it was a wonderful birthday, and again, I'm very thankful for another day of being alive.  

Here are a few pictures from the circus, and of the fireworks we saw.  Oh, and my pretty little cake and flowers John surprised me with.  Love you John!





















No comments:

Post a Comment