Friday, October 3, 2014

DIY Outdoor Skull Garland

 
 

Thanks for joining me today for the reveal of this outdoor skull garland!  This project is so simple that it consists of  only three steps to make.  
 
 
Supplies Needed:
Rope, Drill, Scissors, Skulls  (mine are from the Dollar Tree), and not pictured, Tape

                                                     
 
First you will take your skull and drill two holes, one on each side.  Make sure that the hole is large enough to run your rope through.  I used the scissors to enlarge the hole after drilling if I ran into any problems.
 
                                                


Second, run your rope through the skull, left to right , skull facing you.  I had success getting the rope through easily by taping off the end of the rope.  It's something I discovered after taking my supplies photo so that's why you don't see it.


                                                

 
The third step is to tie a knot at each end if the skull.  Depending on the length you are going for, and how many skulls you are using, calculate the space to the next skull.  Tie another knot, and add another skull to the rope.  Repeat this process until you have reached the desired length.  

That's it!  Again, so easy, and cheap, and yet, you end up with an awesome outdoor Halloween prop.  I hope you are inspired to recreate this yourself!  If so, please share a link here with me.  I'd love to see it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment