Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Halloween Entry Table (Budget Decorating)

It's only October 1st, and yet I've been working on this table for a couple of days already, in anticipating of sharing it with you all.  Maybe it's because Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, next to Christmas, since I was a little kid.  I can't quite pinpoint exactly why though.  I don't really think it was all of the candy, because my grandparents didn't let me have much candy even when I had a bucket full from Trick or Treating.  The only thing that I can come up with is the ambiance that the holiday brings.  I'm not so into the blood and gore, but I like the creepy kind of stuff, which is why I think I chose this years table theme to be what it is.  Plus it isn't too scary for my baby boy.  He laughed so hard at the big spider tonight, and it made me feel better about using it.
Just to let you know, just about everything you will see in these pictures were purchased from Target's dollar spot, the Dollar Store, ROSS, HomeGoods, or DIY'd by me.  Each item ranges in price from $1-$15.  I think that's a good price range for holiday décor.
I'm so glad I'm getting back in touch with my creative side!  It just took a bit of imagination to come up with this entry table scene.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I took them at 1:00 this morning, just to be sure I captured that "creepy" feeling, or just to make sure I was able to take pictures after dark.  Whatever sound better to you.  LOL!  So here we go!

Trying to capture this entire setup was the most challenging thing for me.  I figured this picture lent itself best to featuring the Happy Halloween banner I picked up for $3 at TJMaxx.

 
Target Dollar Spot wins again!


 
You can find the tutorial on how to make these Apothecary Jars for $1 each.  Check out this link: Cheap DIY Apothecary Jars
Spiders creep me out!  This one is growing on me though.  Only $10 at Target!
I love how I was able to incorporate my lamps from HomeGoods, just by adding cheese cloth to them.
 
Found this sign at ROSS.  Couldn't pass it up because it was perfect for this space.
Here is another look at the spider.
One of my favorite shots from the shoot.  Feels just creepy enough.
 


 
 
 
 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look! I can't wait to see all of your ideas, as you post them.  Also, please feel free to share these photos.  All I ask is that you give me, and the blog credit if you do.  Also, I've noticed that my blog has quite a bit of traffic, but never any comments. I'd love to hear what you think about this in my comments. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment