Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Card 2014


A couple of weeks ago, we traveled to the family ranch to take pictures to use for our Christmas card.  The trip takes about an hour, and of course, we did our best to get out of the house on time.  So about an hour late.  Haha!  I'm sure some of you can relate.  John and I used to be so prompt, before becoming parents.  It's such a strange world, being late.  Since we were taking the photos on our own, we really didn't have to be out of the house "on time", but it helps when you have a toddler that has a pretty set schedule.

We arrived at the ranch, and quickly changed into our outfits.  It was a warm day, so wearing sweaters all day was out of the question.  We managed to set up the camera, and get outside to take pictures soon after.  Things went well for about two minutes, and then the toddler melt down came, and it was quickly followed by a Momma meltdown.  Sad, I know, but I was so stressed about getting everything done so that we would have a great picture, that I was a bit broken hearted it wasn't going to happen.  Remember, I am still new to this parenting game, and sometimes I fight it instead of going with it.  I feel terrible about it, because I ended up making John mad, and well, let's just say, it was a "fun" time.  Haha!

Fast forward about twenty minutes later, and we have plenty of pictures to choose from, and everyone is done with the process.  We go inside, I review the pics on the camera, and think to myself, "At lest we got something!", and put the camera away.  We change, and head home.  Rordan is asleep in a matter of minutes.  John and I talked and managed to get ourselves out of the funk we were in.  Well, we make it home, I pull out the laptop and review the pictures, and oh my gosh, what I see saddens me.  Almost every shot is blurry!  What?!  So I did my best to edit the photos that were useable, and settled on one to use for a card.  We ended up using a filter to conceal some of the blurriness, and I actually like the outcome.  :)

So I wish this post was about the time our family frolicked in the fields at the ranch and had wonderful pictures to share with you all, but it isn't, and that's okay.  It's life!  It isn't always going to go to plan.  I have to keep telling myself that.  Maybe one day it will stick.  Haha! 

Here are some of the better pictures from the day.....seems we might have had a better time than I remember.  Haha!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment